Computer Recycling Center™ promotes the highest and best re-use of computer and electronic equipment, and recycles unusable items to keep them out of landfills. CRC donates computers to Computers & Education™ for use in public charity and community programs.
Sumer 2021 information - Thank you for re-use/recycling!
1. NO PUBLIC DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
2. Business Pickups ONLY - FREE Pickups
OUR www.CRC.org BUSINESS PICKUP PROGRAM IS OPEN SERVING San Francisco / East Bay / North Bay / Peninsula / Silicon Valley business, industry, and government customers in CALIFORNIA.
3. We are an essential business providing refurbishment/repair/data destruction/Asset Management and Computer removal services.
4. CRC Technology Lab CA administers the CRC Computer Recycling Center and CRC Computer Repair Center programs.
5. WE Pickup Your COMPUTER and NETWORK Equipment.
Laptops, Computers, Network Servers/RAIDS/Swithes, the parts that go inside (cables, motherboards and cards, AC adapter/chargers for laptops, loose hard drives) - and - Cell Phones, Tablets, and chargers.
6. ALL DATA on DRIVES is OVERWRITTEN/DESTROYED
7. ALL Computers and Laptops etc MUST be COMPLETE - STRIPPED Computers CANNOT be REUSED in our Donation/Placement program.
8. ALL Items We CANNOT USE in our programs WE TAKE TO County Recycling Center in your County - NO eWaste sold or shipped out of CA.
9. NO HOUSEHOLD electronics, appliances, batteries or bulbs
Most household electronic products without a screen (battery removed) can now be put in your (blue) recycling bin for curbside pickup.
If we cannot access your device, it is not usable for REuse. If your device has been physically destroyed (for any reason) it is not usable for REuse.
Thank you for your understanding.
We only make business pickups, We REuse FIRST; Recycle Second.
FREE - Our program provides refurbished computers to Veterans, Health & Human Services Counselors for their clients, and Foster Youth - CASA.
Our past internship programs - an effective tool for students embarking on a career in technology; an example how students learn and teach their peers using donated equipment to repair and learn.
FREE CRC.org BUSINESS PICK-UP for quantities of computers and/or laptops, servers. We will also take any other listed equipment! Click here for Business Pickup Form.
SUGGESTIONS for Recycling Electronics & Household items in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, and San Francisco Counties:
If you have a blue recycling bin you can recycle most small household electronics; toasters, mixers, hairdryers, electric toothbrush, stereos, speakers, cables and cords. NO BATTERIES, BULBS, SCREENS of any size, or THERMOSTATS.
In Sonoma, Napa, and Marin Counties there are transfer stations at each landfill site open 5-6 days each week and residents may drop-off: electronics, paper, metal, plastics, glass, and other recycleables FREE.
(Different rules, Business VS Residential, items and charges)
For More information on what to recycle and where see:
Marin County - www.zerowastemarin.org
Napa County - www.naparecycling.com
SF City and County - www.sfrecycles.org
Sonoma County - www.zerowastesonoma.org
Other counties in Northern California - www.recyclestuff.org
Thanks for 30 years of public, corporate, and government support, We keep computers out of landfills, we ReUse the Best and Recycle the Rest!
We remove all hard drives from desktops, towers and laptops and we DESTROY your HARD DRIVE DATA. Drives are overwritten and then reused, or destroyed if too old or too small, or fail to operate.